A dental crown is a reliable and effective way to restore a damaged tooth or replace a lost tooth as part of a dental implant. Crowns have a number of advantages over alternative restorations, and here at the Hingham, MA, office of Dr. John M. Burns, we specialize in this treatment option. Read on to learn why.
How a Dental Crown Can Help You
Hingham residents can enjoy the following advantages from dental crowns:
- Strengthening a tooth that has been damaged by decay
- Protecting a tooth that has worn down
- Protecting a tooth after root canal treatment
- Covering a permanent dental implant
- Strengthening a cracked tooth
- Improving a tooth’s appearance
Dental crowns are long-term restorations that usually last for 5-15 years.
Why Choose Dental Crowns?
- Aesthetic value: Because crowns are usually made from porcelain material, they look just like your natural teeth. As well as matching the color, your dentist will also match the crown's size and shape to that of your other teeth, making it so that no one will even know that you have restorations.
- Improved chewing: Broken or lost teeth cause difficulty with biting and chewing. Dental crowns give you additional chewing support so that you can return to the foods you’ve been missing.
- Tooth protection: Because a dental crown encases an existing tooth or a dental implant, it protects it from plaque, bacteria, decay, and further damage.
- Versatile uses: A dental crown can be used in many different situations. For example, it can cap a damaged tooth or root canal, replace a lost tooth as part of a dental implant, or support a dental bridge.
If you live in or around Hingham and are looking for a cosmetic dentist that specializes in dental crowns, call Dr. Burns at (781) 749-6750 to schedule an appointment.